This is hands down my favorite Holiday dip and I always get compliments anytime I bring it anywhere. It’s fresh, flavorful and is the perfect mix of sweet, tart with some heat! Did I mention it looks like Christmas in a plate?
Here’s what you’ll need!
- 12 oz of fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers (depending on how spicy you want it0
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 lemon juice
- pinch of sale
- 16 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- parsley or cilantro for garnish
- If you have a food processor, process the cranberries until they look diced. You want to still know they are cranberries and don’t want a paste. If you don’t have a food processor, you’ll want to chop these in 1/2 or 1/4s, which can be a little tedious, but it’ll be worth it!
- Dice up the scallions and peppers
- Combine the cranberries, peppers, scallions, sugar and lemon juice into a bowl. Mix and let it sit overnight in your refrigerator. This step is NECESSARY because the cranberries need time to macerate, otherwise they’ll be too tart/rough to eat.
- The next day, after you let your cream cheese come to room temperature, spread it in a dish. Spread the cranberry mixture on top and serve with crackers, endive leaves, apple slices – or anything else you might enjoy!
- Sprinkle your choice of herb on top!Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make this! I’d love to share your creations!