Good morning friends!
I get so many questions about my Steel Cut Oat Oatmeal Bowls, so I wanted to create this post so you guys can always search for it in the tags! It really is a super nutritious, balanced and satisfying breakfast that you can customize to your taste bud’s liking!
1. Pick your Oats, or grain as a base! I personally make my Steel Cut Oats ahead of time. I start with 1 cup of Steel Cut Oats in 2 Cups boiling water with a Tbsp of Vanilla Extract and 2 Tsp of Cinnamon. I reduce to a simmer and occasionally stir. I then add almond milk until I get the consistency that I want once they are cooked through. If I’m using refrigerated Oats, I’ll add them to a bowl with a dash of almond milk to loosen them up while they microwave. ⠀
2. Add the fruit of your choice! Blueberries or Strawberries are my favorite! Since Fall is almost here, warmed Apples are amazing too!⠀
3. Add the nut of your choice! Pecans are hands down my favorite no matter what, but Walnuts and Almonds are great too!
4. Optional: Additional Seasonings could be more Cinnamon, Nutmeg, or Pumpkin Spice 🎃⠀
5. Optional Fixins could be Chia, Flax, Hemp Hearts, Nut Butters, Protein Powder etc.⠀
… I enjoy mine with my personal development to get my mind right for the day! I’m currently reading The Slight Edge with my goals in the Coach Mentorship that I’m hosting!⠀
Enjoy and have a great day ✌🏻