Rhubarb is in season and I’ve never cooked with it before so I wanted to give it a try! I purged some books and recipes online and this is what I created! I’m pretty impressed with myself and will definitely be making this again. Whether you have this for breakfast, afternoon tea or dessert it’s a WIN!
While this isn’t the healthiest recipe, it is homemade and contains a vegetable! Whatever makes this guilt-free right?
Hope you enjoy it and don’t forget to tag me if you give this recipe a shot!
- 1 Cup Rhubarb (sliced thin and diced)
- 1 Cup Strawberries (diced)
- 3/4 Cup Cane Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cane Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Tbsp Butter (Melted)
For Optional Glaze:
You can use melted butter, milk, water or sour cream to whisk in a couple tbsp of powdered sugar! Everyone has different taste buds and preferences, so experiment and have fun!
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Butter/Flour a Bread/Loaf Pan
- Combine wet ingredients + sugar
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Add rhubarb and strawberries
- Add to loaf pan
- Add combined topping to mixture (I just crumbled it up and used sparingly)
- I topped with extra strawberries and rhubarb so you could see the pieces on top of the loaf
- Bake in oven for 1 hour.