My Coconut Cauliflower Chickpea Curry dish is perfect for Fall. This vegetarian dish is light, cozy and packed with a ton of flavor. It’s also really simple to make, which makes it perfect for lunch and weeknight dinners.
The temperatures have officially dropped here in NJ, and I think it’s safe to say that the unseasonably lingering summer weather is officially gone for good. It’s time to officially embrace the Fall season with some soups and stews.
I love this dish because it’s a great way to get a ton of veggies and plant based protein without feeling like you are “eating healthy.” If you prefer to have an animal protein with a meal, you can always add a rotisserie chicken in at the end to keep things relatively simple and light too!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets (3-4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced (save some for garnish)
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste or 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or cashew butter)1
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bell pepper, julienned
- 1 jalapeño pepper if you like heat
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Fresh cilantro or parsley to garnish
- Cashews or peanuts to garnish
In a large cast iron pot, heat your oil/ghee on medium high heat. Add in the cauliflower, carrots, green onions and peppers. Season with salt and seasonings and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger, but be careful not to burn. Add in coconut milk/broth and combine. Stir in chickpeas and cook on low heat for about 10-12 minutes. Next add soy sauce and peanut butter. Before servings add frozen peas (they only need a minute or so).
Serve plain or over quinoa/rice/lentils etc. You can always add a rotisserie chicken if you prefer to have an animal protein with your meal as well!