Did you guys know that it’s Brussel Sprout season? For whatever reason, I refused to eat these as a kid. Maybe it was their reputation? Whichever the case, when Brussel Sprouts are done right – they are absolutely delicious!
Here’s a simple and delicious recipe that you can have as a main or side!
- Brussel Sprouts
- Bacon or Pancetta
- Apples (I love Honeycrisp Apples)
- Balsamic Glaze
- Dried Cranberries, Cherries or Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375
- Season with Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper and then roast the Brussel Spouts for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, shake them up and return them to a 350 degree oven for an additional 10 minutes
- In the mean time, cook your bacon or pancetta how you normally would. I usually roast mine for about 20 minutes at 400
- If you cut apples into wedges, you can toss them in the pan for the last 5-7 minutes, but if you slice them thin like I did on a mandolin – you can just toss them together once the Brussels tree done.
- Once you plate the Brussels and Apples, you can top with bacon and the dried cranberries!
- Drizzle balsamic glaze on top! If you don’t have balsamic glaze – I do think it’s worth the price! I use it on desserts, steak salads, caprese salads among other things. Sure, you can make your own, but I barely have time to shower some days!
- Optional – adding shaved parmesan cheese or pine nuts!
You can also do a variation with sliced brussel sprouts that come pre-shaved in a bag. When I find these I just sauté them up in a Wok and combine it all together in the pan!
Hope you guys enjoy!