I saw this dish on a menu at a tapas restaurant a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious! I knew immediately that I needed to recreate this at home. I took a couple of attempts, but I finally have a recipe worth sharing!
This dish is perfect for a snack, side or even as something special to make at a holiday gathering!
- Course Salt
- Rosemary or Thyme
- Cut the eggplant in thin slices
- Heat vegetable or canola oil until it’s super hot. It’s important to add your herb while it’s eating so you don’t burn yourself with splatter. I used about 1/2 inch of oil in a deep cast iron pan
- Lightly dredge the eggplant with flour
- Fry the eggplant until golden on both sides
- Drain excess oil on paper towels and sprinkle course salt while it’s still warm
- To plate, drizzle some honey over top!
Hope you enjoy!