My attitude used to suck. I would get discouraged easy. I would give up even easier. I would get jealous, gossip and simply hate on others who were ultra successful. I’m not proud of it. I’m actually pretty embarrassed, but I’ve changed significantly over the past few years and it is such a better way to live.
Do an honest gut check right now! Are you truly happy? Are you super happy when others succeed? Is your glass half full? Do you believe you are capable of ANYTHING? Do you chase opportunity? Do you do hard things? Do you thrive when things get challenging?
If you answered no to any of those, even a little bit… let’s get to work!
In my opinion, your mindset is the single biggest contributor of your overall success in just about anything. It’s something that certainly takes TLC and effort, but isn’t your happiness and mindset worth it? I’m sharing my 5 biggest tips below on how you can start TODAY!
- Decide. Yup, decide that you will have a better mindset and attitude from this day forward. You truly do decide your mood, and until you choose to change, it will never change. Happiness isn’t something that’s given to you. You work for it.
- Upgrade Your Circle of Trust. If you have negative friends and/or family – or people super close to you who are a drag to be around, get a new circle. It may sound harsh, but you truly are most similar to the 5 people you spend the most time with. Whether your closest 5 binge drink, gossip, complain or simply lack drive to be better and grow – guess what? That is your future. I’m not saying you have to oust them forever, but keep your distance and upgrade your circle with those who are ambitious, kind, driven and optimistic.
- Get Moving. Exercise is the easiest way to get a fix or high NATURALLY. It’s common knowledge that exercise is strongly correlated to better moods, sleep, energy etc. Guess what those things contribute to? A better marriage, relationships, friendships etc. It’s common sense! So why not do it? Commit TODAY to exercising for at least 20-30 minutes a day for 4-6x a week! Need a program that’s easy to follow and fun? Holla at your girl!
- Personal Development. I can’t recommend this enough guys. This is life changing. Like I mentioned earlier, you decide if you are happy. You also decide whether you want to learn how. I will be the first to admit that my ego convinced me that I didn’t “need” a self help book, or that people who read this kind of stuff were “lost” or hopeless,” but it’s quite the opposite. Smart people prioritize themselves and work towards being the best version of themselves possible. Don’t like to read or don’t have time? Get an audible book, find a positive youtube channel or an inspiring Podcast. (Will be doing another post about my favorites soon!)
- Live without regret. Is there something you’ve always wanted to do, but never did? Is there something you’ve always been curious about, but never learned? DO IT. We are never guaranteed tomorrow, so live in this moment. The time will pass whether you do these things or not, but I can promise that you will be happier having at least tried, regardless of the outcome!
Have tips of your own? I’d love to hear them!! Comment below!