Hey guys! So I ended up making these bars because I was searching for ways to incorporate Oats into my diet for milk supply and I don’t care for oatmeal. While these aren’t really a “lactation treat” since there aren’t other supply related ingredients, but it gave me less guilt for indulging in a little treat!
They were super yummy and I made some extra jam for toast as well!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the base + topping: In a large bowl, mix together egg and coconut sugar until well combined. Stir in almond flour, oats, coconut flour, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Pour coconut oil all over and use a fork to evenly distribute and stir together until clumps begin to form and resemble a wet sand look. Place 1 ¾ cup of mixture into prepared pan (the remaining mixture will be used for the topping). Use your hands to evenly press dough to the bottom. Place the remaining dough for the topping in the fridge.
- Place a medium pot over medium heat. Add in raspberries, honey, vanilla, arrowroot, flour and salt. Use a wooden spoon to press down and break apart the raspberries. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 2-3 more minutes until mixture is thickened up a bit and no large raspberry pieces remain. Pour mixture over the crust and use a spoon to evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping evenly over the raspberry filling. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Allow bars to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to the fridge to chill. Eat at room temp or cold.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
For the Raspberry Filling:
- 2 cups raspberries OR any other berry
- 3 tablespoons honey OR pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Arrowroot OR Cornstarch
- Pinch of salt