It’s the beginning of Fall, which usually gives me the itch to bake something.
It makes the house smell yummy and cozy!
I know most things “baked” are usually a treat of some kind, but I always tend to have less guilt when it comes to things like this.
This recipe is cleaner then most, but you honestly can’t tell when it comes to taste!
This would obviously be great to make and keep for yourself, but it could make a nice gift or surprise for someone you care about too.
Tip: You want to pick RIPE bananas when it comes to baking. It simply makes things easier to blend and smoother batters! If you are using this chart, I would only go for a banana that is a 6-7.
- 3 mashed bananas (the riper the better!)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled (can also use melted butter)
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Optional add-ins: ½ cup chopped walnuts, ½ cup chocolate chips, 3/4 cup fresh fruit
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 8×4 inch pan with parchment paper and
grease the inside of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Add the wet ingredients (the bananas, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, greek yogurt and vanilla extract) to a blender and blend until smooth and well combined. Pour into a large bowl.
- Next add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt). Mix well until just combined. If you are adding anything “extra” you can fold that in now.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Feel free to add extra banana slices or extras on top for decoration!
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs attached. Allow bread to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Serve plain, heated or at room temperature – with/or withoutnut butter spread on top for a healthy snack or breakfast on the go.
- To make muffins instead, I would spray liners and a muffin pan and cook for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
If you make this or your own version, I would love to see photos!!!