When we picked our Honeymoon location in the South Pacific, we knew we wanted to break up the flight by staying in California for a few nights. LAX was our connecting airport so we were limited to the surrounding area.
After some research and recommendations, we decided on Manhattan Beach, California.
We weren’t really interested in doing anything “busy” or “touristy” and just wanted to get that beautiful and lax Californian Vibe!
We stayed at the Seaview Inn. It was very quaint with excellent service. They checked us in early and even upgraded our room. It had everything that we needed with parking, food and the beach within walking distance.
We loved the actual town of Manhattan Beach. It had such beautiful and unique homes, plenty of interesting and innovative restaurants, a beautiful pier and great scenery and places to walk.
We spent 1 day driving up the Pacific Coast Highway to check out the towns of Venice, Santa Monica and Malibu. Venice and Santa Monica seemed a little busy for our liking but Malibu and the coast were breathtakingly beautiful.
El Matador Beach is a must see! If you see any state beaches/parks along the coast, it is probably worth stopping, but this one will really make your jaw drop. It’s unlike any beach that I’ve ever seen and was an incredible experience.
- The Local Yolk – walking distance from Seaview Inn for breakfast or lunch
- Manhattan Beach Post – excellent service with an innovative and creative menu
- Darren’s – best happy hour with unique cocktails and upscale bar snacks
- Love & Salt – modern Italian in small plates – great pizza and meatballs
- Malibu Farm – view of the Pacific with healthy smoothies, juices and lunch
- Cholada – Authentic Thai food right on the Pacific Coast Highway